Four Reasons Why SEO is an Excellent Investment During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Search is easy to measure using Google Analytics
- People have more time on their hands; as a result, they are searching for products online
- People still need your product or service.
- Better SEO will set your business up for success once the businesses begin to open.
SEO’s objective is to increase search engine traffic to your website by improving where each page of your website ranks when a customer searches for your services or products on a search engine.
If your website is not ranking highly on Google or Bing, there is probably a reason. Both Google and Bing will rank your site high if you follow their rules. Your website structure, page mark-up, and content must follow Google and Bing best practice guidelines for search. Most websites, especially if you are not paying for SEO, do not follow the best practices provided by both Google and Bing.
If you don’t rank highly on Google, your site probably has structural issues or week content.
SEO is a good investment, because once the website is “fixed,” there should be very little maintenance needed on-site other than when posting new content or when search engines update their algorithms.
- Search is easy to measure using Google Analytics. You can track your website’s performance on search engines if you have access to your website analytics. The Organic traffic channel (generally found under your channel report) reports all traffic arriving on your site through a search engine. When SEO works, you will see gradual and steady increases in Organic traffic.
- People have more time on their hands; as a result, they are searching for products online. Businesses all over the world have closed their doors. People have more time to research and develop loyalty for products or brands. If you want your business to succeed, you HAVE to rank high on search engine results pages so consumers can find and learn about your products and services.
- People still need your product or service. Although the world is a bit crazy right now, it’s only temporary, and people will need your products and services. Both organic and search engine marketing (Paid Search Marketing) will help your brand target consumers while searching for your product or service.
- Better SEO will set your business up for success once the businesses begin to open. At some point, things will get back to normal. It may take some time, but by investing in SEO, your business will be ready to rock and roll once consumers can buy. You can create an SEO campaign that will yield results for many years to come. Those results could help your business recover from the possible losses from the economic downturn.
To ensure that businesses don’t go through much loss during COVID-19, Google has provided a complete guide about what they should do with Google My Business (GMB). – Guidance for Businesses affected by COVID-19